Looking for Chinese Language Tutor. Via Skype

Hi, I am teaching my DD Chinese and have lots of teaching materials, but still looks like my DD is progressing faster than me.
I just got an awesome Smart Tiger Series DVDs( set of 8 DVDs suitable for 1-2 year olds) but I can understand only about 20 words from the DVD … ( Btw I have a spare set for sale for $39.99 if interested PM me)
Anyway… It made me think that it would be so great to have someone helping us with vocabulary and reading stories via Skype once twice a week. please PM me if interested to discuss the details. I am teaching simplified Chinese

I would be interested in this as well! My son is 4 and is hopefully going to be going to a Chinese immersion grade school (also simplified) and I would like to start him on Chinese earlier than that if possible.

i’m up for jumping on this bandwagon, if possible :slight_smile: thanks for the thread!

I’m a native Chinese speaker. maybe i could help you. I’m going to look for English tutor best after a year. coz my dd is just 8 months right now. my email is fullmoonbj@gmail.com

i could definitely help here

pls PM me, let me know how much you’re willing to pay, what time zone you live in - i live in mainland China & operate in educational sphere, i know good teachers & can get teachers for anyone who needs

also pls send me your thoughts on the payment way, as CHinese are very practically/financially oriented ppl :blush: & i’d have to have that clear when talking with them.
one thing i can do is receive paypal personal transfer in USD & pass on the funds to your tutor here
if you have other thoughts, let me know

One other option is the social enterprise website Glovico: http://www.glovico.org/
This is a fairtrade world language school via Skype and I justed checked and they do have two Chinese teachers. They are quite reasonably priced - most lessons are between $7-9 per hour. You pay via Paypal on the website and get one free lesson to see if it is suitable for you. I had lesssons with a lovely Spanish teacher from Guatemala, although the connection was not always fantastic. She was a very good teacher and did a lot of preparation before the lessons. I plan to start lessons with my DD soon via Skype, but one of the most important things for me is that the teacher is used to working with very young children. This was not the case with my teacher - she was great for an adult but not sure she would be ideal for a 3-year old. You would probably need to contact the teacher and see whether you think they are suitable or not. Actually, on reflection I think my Spanish teacher would actually be a very good teacher for children, but the connection quality let her down - I was quite patient and happy to proceed often with very poor video or just audio, but I don’t think my DD would be quite so accepting - she would want to see an actual person!

Glovico also has real range of quite varied language teachers, so other people who are looking for a teacher in other languages could also check the website out.

wow! that’s fantastic! I’ll check it out for my son’s Spanish

here in Beijing I certainly could not get good teachers for that price - it’s a very expensive city!
But, if you are a naitve English speaker - you might be able to do exchange for each other

anyways, thanks again, lzp11 -very helpful info

My response may be a bit off topic but this thread gave me an idea: What if we do a sort of a language exchange program here in the forum using Skype ? First, it will be free, second, parents here know better when it comes to interaction with babies and toddlers (using parentese and repetition, knowing favorite subjects, etc).

I can teach French and Arabic in exchange of Mandarin or Japanese :slight_smile: