LM too late for 22 month old?

Hello.

I started my son on Doman dot flash cards when he was less than one year old, then switched to ppt because he wouldn’t look at the cards. We got as far as addition and subtraction. I wasn’t confident at all that he was even really looking at the computer screen, so I lost my motivation to continue.

Within the last couple of weeks, I used the LM trial software with my son and it seemed to hold his attention, but I’m wondering if he might be too old to actually learn from it. Should I be using something else at his age?

Anyone have any input?

Thank you!!

I’d say go with LM, you guys still have more than a year before his 3rd birthday, and he probably allready has a very good idea of quantity from the earlier cards he veiwed.

You can always set LM to permanently display in gridmode (which is for children older than 3.)

But I’m not really one to talk, I’ve only been using LM with my 1 year old and I’ve never even looked at the other math methods (Jones Geniuses, Touch Math, Abacus programs etc.)

I recently started using LM with my 22 month old. She loves it and begs for ‘proper maths’ everyday (I have yet to find out why she calls it ‘proper’ maths - my husband thinks it’s to differentiate it from all the counting I do when we go up & down the stairs). I have no idea if it will work but I’ll keep going as long as she likes it.

On the recommendation of another parent, I just bought the inexpensive book Marshmallow Math http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marshmallow-Math-Children-Toddlers-Preschoolers/dp/1553953959 and it is full of great ideas on everyday maths activities. I am also looking into other maths programmes but she is definitely not ready for them yet.

So, I’d also say to go for LM as it’s very easy to use & takes so little time.

Wonderful! Thank you for your replies…