LM: How do kids perceive quantities

Hi everyone
Will all the kids less than 2.6 yrs old ( which is supposed to be the cut off age) will be able to perceive quantities?
How can we know that they are grasping it? How long will it take for results? My 2.2 yr old son is looking at LM, but I am not sure whether he is perceiving it. He seems to be enjoying LM. Are there any signs that shows that they are perceiving it?

Thanks in advance to all.

I wouldn’t worry so much about it - the most important thing is that he’s enjoying it.

We know from others like Domanmom that it can be done, so just enjoy and trust in the process. Like with reading, many of us have no idea for months whether our child was learning anything, until much later on.

For Math, in any case, even if they don’t perceive quantities, they would get a better understanding of the concept of quantity, numbers, and numerals, and the concepts of arithmetic.

Hi Anjie,

Yes, KL is right. My son is almost 29months. But I still tried it. Just got the LM on March 14. My son is already tired with the red dots. Anyway, there’s no harm in trying. What if it’s true? At least you have given it a try. :smiley: