Little Reader teaching my son to swim!

I just wanted to share with everyone how LR is helping us in more ways than just reading. My son is taking swimming lessons and is like a fish in the water but like many of the kids I have seen he hates floating and always rolls over when I try to put him on his back. So, I made a “swimming” LR slideshow for him of words related to swimming, “bubbles, float, kick, jump, goggles, stream line, freestyle, etc…” He watches it over and over and still asks to see it again.

Now when I ask him, he says he wants to try floating and he floats with barely my hand touching his head. It’s really amazing the difference. It seems it won’t be long before he can do it unassisted. This is in just a few consecutive days of seeing the slideshow. I think it helped him understand what he is trying to learn. He is just 19 months old so he has never seen anyone float before.

I can see how this could be beneficial in many other situations. Has anyone had a similar experience maybe with some other activity?

yes we do gymnastics and watching the different events on a lesson for gymnastic’s seems to get him more excited for class. I have seen this happen in a few other areas as well. can you upload the lesson you did of swimming? We go swimming all the time and he loves to swim so much so it would be fun to play. Thanks!
Brittany

Sure, I will just need to record the sound file.