Little Reader & Sign Language

I just started little reader with my 18 month old yesterday- I have been teaching him sign language- he knows about 35 signs and says about 20 words. Absolutely loving signing with him and so glad I put the effort in to teach him.
Crazy thing is that I showed him a file of animals in little reader and when I showed the word for crocodile even before the picture he did the sign for crocodile. I thought it was a coincidence but he did it again before the picture came up. All I could think of was that I have used flashcards with him in the past and he has a crocodile book I read to him regularly but I have no idea how he could have possibly read it?
I’m blown away by what little sponges babies are- can’t believe that post about little girl reading at 5 months- so amazing.
Happy reading everyone

That’s great! Yep, we all tend to underestimate our little ones!

btw, we hope to have professionally done sign language content on LR in the near future!

Little Reader

That would be fantastic- I will make sure to let all my friends who are wanting to teach sign language about the website, please let me know when it is up so that I can do that, I still have friends a little skeptical about right brain learning- is there any research based articles that I am able to send in their direction?
Thanks a lot :smiley:

Natalie

Yes that’s is a great idea!! I was thinking the same because my daughetr is 19 months old she is bilingual and doesn’t have a lot of vocabulary, everytime we do LR she does the sign too, that’s the way we know if she knows the word. I love signing with my baby.!! :smiley:

inspiring and a great idea indeed

little reader now is having 40% savings. is the price in USD? i m from malaysia so i need to be clear on the currency.

Yes I believe the price is in USD, we just purchased little Reader today after seeing it on special- can’t say enough about how fantastic this program has been and have only been using it for less than a week. My little man loves it and is asking for it already.
Happy 1st birthday Little Reader :slight_smile: