little reader - french language pack - how good is it?

Hi all,

I am interested in getting Little Reader, but as I am the French native speaker in the family, i need to teach my boys to read in French (daddy does English).
I see that there is a French language pack that’s available, but can somebody tell me if it’s proper French?
What I’m saying is, the few french downloadable slideshows that I’ve seen on the website where mostly not good quality. Bad pronunciation, inconsistencies of form, and downright mistakes. They were probably done by parents who did French at school quite some years ago,and good on them for going ahead and putting the slideshows together, but I can’t use them.

Has the French pack for Little reader been professionally translated and also, does it have as much vocab as on the English version or is it just an abridged version?

Thanks all!

Constancedm,

French Curricula (Language pack) for Little Reader has not been released yet. It will be leased shortly and will consist of full 12 months of lessons. It will will be done in adherence with BrillKids high standards to its officially released products. It would be not simply translated, but localized to French, done by native French speakers and professional voice artists. Files in free downloads (unless specified) are not created by BrillKids, but are contributions from parents from around the world, and as such we can not vouch for their quality - some you may like and use, and other you may not – but it serves as an excellent platform for parents t exchange their teaching ideas and materials. In fact, may be you do not like pronunciation for a certain presentation contributed by another parent, but you really like the idea of it, you can even collaborate and record your own pronunciation files, - both fr your and others benefit!

As far as BrillKids official French language pack, check our announcements for soon coming release.

do you have an ETA for French and Spanish?

thanks Skylark - I’ll look out for it.

French is closer to completion, then Spanish is, so it will be released first.

How soon is soon?

Is it the French word set (available in the download section) that you were enquiring about? I have been wondering the same thing. It has been downloaded 199 times so maybe someone can tell us what it’s like…

Ah, the million-dollar question… :slight_smile:

I really wish we could tell you, but every time we do that, it almost always goes beyond that time frame, so we’ve been very hesitant in doing it anymore.

All I’ll say is that it will come out after v3 of Little Reader is released, because LR v3 allows us to create curricula much more easily, and is very flexible. We’re working on finalizing LR v3 now, and you should see it released (probably in beta first) within the next few months. Hopefully French can and will follow very soon after that, and then Spanish.

Thanks for the update.

Any plans to offer more advanced material in English? Perhaps more detailed science facts/encyclopedic knowledge? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot9PSqe6bJY This gentlemen is attempting something, perhaps a collaboration?

We have many more content packs to be released, but that would still be just a fraction of what could be done, and doesn’t even get into science yet. No doubt we’ll get to those topics eventually, but it’s not going to be so soon.

Thanks for the vid - very interesting! Yet more proof to show that we can really teach our kids virtually anything if we only try to!