Little Reader for working mum?

Hi,

I am fascinated to see kids reading and enjoying books at a young age. However, I am not sure if I have enough time to squeeze in Little Reader in my schedule. I can’t use the Glenn Doman method coz’ I can’t flash cards to her 3 times a day. I am thinking of starting the Little Reader for my 23 month old but I am not sure if the little time I have at home, after work will suffice. Can any working mums share your experience?

Reach home around 7pm, we have dinner, our family evening walk. I practise my violin for half an hour. She listens to music, dancing, bath time fun , Lego and I read books to her. How much time do you need for LR daily to be effective?

All advices appreciated. Thanks.

http://parentinglittler.blogspot.com

Hi Reei,

Yeah, we know how difficult it can be for working parents. LR is actually designed with working parents in mind. That’s one of the reasons lessons are kept short. They are just 3-5 minutes a lesson (depending on how long you interact with your child), once or twice a day. Each time you only need to press PLAY.

Difficult to say how much time is needed to be effective, cos each child is very different. What I always say is this:

• RELAX. The No. 1 aim is to have fun and a bonding experience with your child, NOT results. Results, if that happens, is a bonus. Whatever you can do, that’s great. If you don’t, tha’ts fine too. Don’t beat yourself up over it.

• PLAY IT BY EAR. Be flexible. Go according to the circumstances, such as your child’s interest levels, your time, your mood, etc. There are no hard and fast rules to any of this.

:slight_smile:

I used it with my son when I was working fulltime. We just mixed it in with his bedtime routine. It saved me the effort of making or finding PowerPoint presentations.
Best wishes!

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I will give LR a try again. I actually tried when she was younger but she was not interested to look at the monitor. I’ve used YBCR and Leap Frogs, sometimes she read out the words from YBCR books, but I think she recognise the pictures and not the words. I hope it is not too late to start LR at 23 months old.

http://parentinglittler.blogspot.com