Little math

Hi, I’ve seen mentioned somewhere that little math is meant for children before two. Is this true, and if so should I just get some other program for.my 19 month old since the program is intended for a year. I am a little confused. She hasn’t seen any math at all at this point. What should I start with if the dots are no longer useful. Or maybe, since she isn’t quite too, she will learn something after all?
Thanks,
Liza,

Doman recommends dots before age 2, but LM has a lot more than dots. It also teaches number recognition and arithmetic.

how long would you say the dots part of the little math is intended for? my daughter is 19 months old now, and i am planning to get the program in about a month or so, would it be worth it still? what else is included there? i should probably just download the trial version and see how she takes to it, right?
thanks,
liza

one more thing. would the people who use little math say that it is enough to just follow the program or would you recommend using the files available for download. how would i know which order to follow? would i just follow the same order as the little math program augmenting some days with the available material? i don’t know why, but the math program just seems a lot more confusing than the reading one to me.
any suggestions are welcome,
liza

I would definitely recommend it, you can chose if you would like to do just dots or follow the curriculum, it is easy. Just a thought though, sometimes baby might not be super interested to start with, but after you do something regularly for a while she/he starts really show results, so I would not be just judging from how your baby will “react” to the trial version. It is more if you would like to do this kind of the program with you baby, and if you would I am sure she would have fun, you can also supplement it with different other materials. I did some dots, strictly according to Doman method for a while, and then we had a few months break and now I am starting doing the curriculum with my 5 months old boy and 22 months old girl. They love it!

Thanks for your reply. I’ve started the trial version and my daughter seems to like it. I tried reading a bit more about it, but time is always short, ( I feel guilty saying this to a mom of two) and i just wanted to make sure that the different stages that Doman writes about were adequately represented in the LM. The trial version consists of dots only. Hopefully, just the LM will suffice.
Thanks,
Liza