LITERACTIVE - if you haven't visited their site YOU SHOULD!

http://www.literactive.com/Home/index.asp

On the recommendation of DadDude many moons ago I checked out Literactive.com. I was very pleased with what I accessed and tried with my son. At the time he wasn’t ready for what was available, so I left it until today.

I urge you all to take a look at it. Either I missed some stuff last time, or they’ve added some stuff, but now it has a HUGE, HUGE variety of activities, stories, games, etc for MULTI levels of reading skills. HUGE!!! Plan to spend a little time poking around on their site - there is SO much to see! I can hardly wait for my son to wake up - well, I can, but tomorrow’s morning routine will have a bit of spice added :slight_smile:

It is SO worth the FREE registration.

Enjoy!

I really like the sequencing bookworm game on there. I used to play it and let DD watch. Maybe I should do that tomorrow.

This is wonderful. Just checked it out. I like how it has options of selecting motion, turning the voice on and off, even choosing spanish for the voice, and tons of other great stuff.
Thanks a lot! yet another thing I can use on ipad with my son. :biggrin:

anybody tried it ?? is it as good as having the dvds ?? for me it will mean saving on shipping charges .
also i have a comment about little pim i didn’t like . i got the arabic one hoping i will be exposing my kids to the arabic writting on the screen together with hearing arabic . i was so disapointed , the arabic words were written in english why is that ?? what kind of imersion is this ?? if it is meant to be for babies , not all babies can read off the screen english , so if the program is to expose them to arabic the words should be written in arabic so the baby get familiar with the arabic alphabet and writing . i was really disapointed and felt it was a big waste of money .
i loved the french one though .
viv

Thank you for bringing this up, karma. I will have to sign up and take a look.

So, my son and I did a few activities today and I just thought I should caution you. We didn’t have time to try many, but one activity needs adjusting - you might want to turn off the sound for this one.
Level 1 - Weighing Scales - has a picture on one side of the scale and letters on the other. For instance: “an” on one side and a pan on the other. You have find the beginning sound from the available three choices (look for the “p”)and put it on the side with the letters. Then (with the sound on) it says “/p/ /a/ /n/ pan”. HOWEVER, some vowels don’t really match ie /c/ /o/ /w/ (short vowel sound for o) does not say “cow” - it should group the /ow/ together to make the proper ending sound. Or, when the word “van” comes up the A sound is made more like the sound you make when you say the A in “a shoe”…more like the short u sound… They also do a lot of “uh- ing” ie “buh” instead of /b/, “cuh” instead of /k/ etc.

Anyway, I still think that there is a lot of good stuff here. You might want to just review the games on your own so that you know what to watch for and re-teach or pre-teach.

Also…if any of you find a spot on their site that has contact information please let me know. I also couldn’t find the “terms and regulations” that you are supposed to “read and agree with” before registering.

This site has great potential but there are some issues. The instructions on some are not clear. It takes a few minutes to adjust to each item. For some kids this could be a problem for those who may have a short attention span and or patience. I can see some children banging or clicking before they understand how things work but like I said it has great potential, and I plan on using what I can of it. Thanks for the link!