Listening Skills

We play few game for practising listening skills. We have fun playing them so I thought I share with you some.

1. play different sounds - this can be any sound - instrument or a car engine sound - child will either say in words what it is or put picture cards in order as she hears them or smaller children point to the pictures, put stickers on the picture…

2. with instruments - we have different in the box and she picks up the one she hears me playing

3. different balls on wooden floor - she listens for the bouncy sound and she tries to find the ball

4. pass a ball to ich other with childs eyes open or closed - set a word we are going to say and listen for. I am then saying different words and when she hears the word we set , she will pass the ball to me. This is great language game. Fisrt time I have put different toys on the floor for her to make it easier for her to choose what word to say
    To make it easier to remember what word to listen for I say her name. :slight_smile:

5. I whisper to her ear a massage for daddy

the possibilitie are endles :smiley:

As a praise she either glues one or two paper ears on a picture of mouse, dog, cat ( whotever character is popular in our home ) or we put beans in a bottle

These are great ideas, thanks lelask!!