Let the Countdown Begin! Are you ready to meet?? The 2012 Convention is Coming!!

Please try to record some of the events in the convention. It would be really helpful for people who are not attending it.

Ooohhh. Just had a thought. We are going to see Rachel Coleman (host of Signing Time for those of you whose children are not completely in LOVE with her lol ) perform live! They do a lot of touring, but mostly West Coast…what a coup it would be to have Signing Time perform at the conference, and they are becoming much more mainstream from airing on local PBS stations…having them there might well draw in more of the general public…
Not to mention just how thrilled many of our kiddos would be!!!

I just sent Michael creator of Readeez an email telling him about this upcoming convention. I know many of our children love his music and hopefully we can convince him to give us a live performance. My parents are thrilled about this convention taking place and wish us all continued success with this mission.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Now someone needs to persuade an airline or two to become BrillKids Product Partners and give us a discount with our points lol Posting on this forum would skyrocket!

Queriquita-
I will PM you about involvement but one thing I wanted to post here…BrillKids, and this forum, does an excellent job of allowing us to swap and sell materials…amongst members…but if part of the goal is to get members of the public excited about the possibilities, then having a list of gently used materials in front of them might be enticing, and if a notice were posted at the bottom that they could see more at the BrillKids Forum, we might see a few more of them here!
Also, as far as a competition goes-some parents are absolutely fantastic about uploading new materials, and I am in the process of working on my first…here’s the thing–participation and creativity just might go through the roof if people knew that others might be seeing their presentation…in person.
Also, these PP are available to BrillKids members or some to guests…but if e public saw them in person they might be inspired or be willing to become members themselves!!!
However, I do think that the plans are going to be so exciting, that surely people won’t be able to help themselves when they consider the possibilities!,

Hi Marlita,

I know I’m a bit late with my response, but I wanted to confirm that I can make it to the 2012 convention.

Thanks,
Tom

I am definitely interested in attending!

Is there any chance that this Convention is still going to happen in August??

We have been wondering as well! Would love to attend…

Hey guys, just wanted to update that this conference most likely is not going to be happening this month. As busy parents, we underestimated what a HUGE undertaking it was turning out to be with so few of us actively working on it! Rather than pull off something haphazardly, we feel that it’s best to wait until we can put the time and effort in that it needs to deliver the best possible product to the community. We are still working on it, but we need a lot more volunteers if this is truly going to take off. We apologize to all of those who were excited to see this happen this month, as well as to our intended speakers and vendors for such late notice, but we’ve been hoping we’d be able to pull it off miraculously. In the end, we’ve decided it is better to wait and sincerely hope that this doesn’t dampen your enthusiasm but serves to ignite your desire to see this project come alive and inspire you to actively participate in its creation. We love you all lots and are still SO EXCITED to meet as many parents as we can and enjoy each other’s fellowship in person when it finally does happen!