Left-Handed or Right-Handed Preference

Hey Everyone, I just wondered if anyone has a preference for right-handed or left-handedness. If you do have a preference, what are the reasons?

It is said inherently babies tend to be left handed. and more often we force them to change this instinct.

But I could not find reasons why it should be so or why we elders must interfere with the natural process…

i do not have any preferences for this as me and my husband are right-handed. But for our lil daughter, she seems to be left-handed. Everthing we gave her will be taken from the left-hand and also she ate mostly on her left-hand.

Is it ok for us to change this attitude since in our culture, we should receive and give anything good from right hand.

I would really like my child to be amidextoris. I am very right handed and I would prefer to be able to do more with my left hand, just to give my right hand a break sometimes.

It doesn’t matter to me…but I know she will be right handed I have tested her and she will be R hand!

my toddler is still using both hands but if he prefers to use the left hand, i hope he becomes an athlete so he won’t have a lot of competition for scholarships ;).

I don’t think it matters if my son is RH or LH… though I’m still not sure if he’s RH or LH.
He holds the pen using his RH but flips book using LH…hmmm…let’s just wait and see…

No preference, but as of now he still uses both hands so it may be a little while before I know if he is LH or RH.

I don’t think you can change a child’s natural preference. If they prefer left then they will be left handed and the same with right.

When my older daughter was little she used both her hands equally. So I encouraged that by always handing things to both hands. Placing crayons, forks etc. in both. She still developed a preference to the right hand. Although she is much better at using her left hand than I will ever be.

I would like my dd to be left handed and that is purely because I am left handed!!

Hey found an interesting link about left handedness :slight_smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed

My daughter still isnt show much preference for either hand…my mum and father-in-law keep telling me to put everything in her right hand so that she is right handed but my partner and I believe in freedom of choice and will be happy no matter which hand she uses.