Learning lowercase letters

Hello! My 18 month old has finished the YBCR series and learned lots of spoken words from it, also seemed to enjoy it. Unfortunately he did not learn to read (doesn’t look at the words). So we tried the Letter Factory by Leapfrog, which is working great for us–he is learning all his uppercase letter sounds rapidly and really likes it. Now I am wondering if there is anything that would focus on lowercase letters or a next step that has worked well for others?
Thanks in advance, I always get great info from the dedicated parents here!
Jennifer

My daughter learnt upper case using hooked on phonics but I’m still not completely sure how she picked up lower case. Mind you, a lot of the lower case letters are similar to upper cases so those were easy but I think what we did was play lots of games with wooden alphabets. We got this Melissa and doug magnetic alphabet set and I would ask her ‘show me B, and then I’ll put the lower case b next to it and say ’ look, that’s another b’ I think she just figured it out that way.

Hopefully someone else might be able to share a more concrete way to teach it!

Yes, I feel that I should be playing games with letters, but I just can’t get him into it. Don’t think that I am very fun. :frowning:

See , now I have the opposite problem. My daughter has learned to read but with words in lower case, and doesn’t realize that it could be the same word in uppercase. LOL.
She’s slowly getting it though on her own.

As for the alphabet the only thing I could think of is Letter of the Week
http://www.letteroftheweek.com/index.html
Its a free curriculum online that focuses on the letters.