Learning Limitation in One Day

Hi,

Can anyone help??

I started to teach my baby to read when she was 6 months old. She is now 8 months plus , i taught her English, Chinese and Math daily, and even plan to teach her Malay in another two months time, will she be confused with all these lessons, is it too much inputs for her at this age. I let her learn English, Chinese and Math with 3 repetition daily, it add up to be 9 times a day, i continue all the subjects back to back, no interval in between each time, during morning, afternoon and night, is it OK? I don’t know how much she can absorb as i do not have an effective method to measure her progress. She seems quite interested in LR, LM and YBCR DVDs. She lost concentration when i flash the cards myself. So i stopped thereafter. How to develop her interest towards books as she don’t like books?
Thanks. :wacko:

Hi Mui Tiong,

It’s hard to say because every child is different. The key is that you need to gauge it for yourself. Is she showing interest or is it hard to keep her attention? Are the lessons fun?

Also, lessons can be 10-15 minutes each or over in a couple of minutes, and that’s a big difference!

As for books, how are you using them? You could treat it like just reading her a story at first, not requiring her to look at the words. Get her to look at pictures first, make the story telling fun, etc., whatever you can do to keep her attention. Then slowly you can start pointing to the words as you read the book.

It’s good to make story-book reading a bedtime ritual.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks. Will keep you posted. :yes: