Learning languages with iPad/iPhone

Hi,
I’ve had a peculiar thought: my little Sofia (1 year and 7 months) is just crazy about my iPad. She’s so quick to understand it and she likes it a lot, just wanting to steal it from my hands all the time!
So I’ve been thinking that it would be great to use this natural attitude to make her learn languages!

Do any of you know some kind of application about learning languages? Something that is at the same time entertaining (at least not boring) but kind of relaxing for her as well…she gets so easily “hyperactivated”! :wacko:

Looking forward for your suggestions!

• Multilingual

• e-Flash: they are available in many languages from German to Hindi, I noticed a good number of mistakes in French, Spanish and German cards, so I don’t use them anymore.
    • Toddler falshcards from Manzel productions: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Farsi, high quality flashcards
    • Grasshopper apps: they have awesome apps in English and German
      *Little Pim: If your child watches their DVDs, he may like their apps (My son uses them just for playtime, I don’t think they have a high educational value.)
    • Cute cards: flashcards available in many languages (Japanese, English, etc. ) they look cartoony though
  • Arabic: Hijaya (alphabet) & Nan wa Lili (Alphabet, writing)

• French: Mes premiers mots gratuits, Nathan Maternelle (petite, moyenne et grande section), Histoires pour s’endormir,…

• Spanish: try Preschool University, they have high quality apps that remind me of Grasshoppper (though these are the best)

• German: Pixi stories, Grasshopper, German cards

• Mandarin & Japanese: Speak and read from wink to learn: each app has 8 lessons which is not bad to start with

I hope this helps