learning and getting tired

i’m not sure if i’m in the right overall topic or if this question has been posted before but i’m noticing a strange trend in my daughter.

she’s 2.5 and has been an amazing learner. she’s a sponge and usually really excited about it. for christmas i got her a scholastic computer game for reading, math and logic for preschoolers. she’s been reading level 1 reader books for a bit now and adept at most online preschool games. physcially she has figured out the mouse and clicking most times.

my concern is that now that we are playing some of the computer games she gets really tired or at least acts that way. she starts to sigh, puts her head down, rubs her eyes, won’t answer questions i know she knows, etc. i’ve always been big on making sure we keep any and all learning fun so i suggest we leave the game and she cries that she wants more. i’ve never seen her act this way. i’m almost tempted to start morning nap up again (lord help me in suggesting that one! :P) but i was sort of wondering if anyone else had seen these types of things in their children. is it maybe some sort of growth thing? have i barked up the wrong learning tree?

i’m sure the answer would be to decrease the screen time and go back to floor time i just marvel at this one instance of behavior that doesn’t fit her nature.

thanks.

Perhaps the computer games have too much of eye movement and causes eye strain? You could try to stop it for a while and see if there is improvement. Just a thought.

she starts to sigh, puts her head down, rubs her eyes, won’t answer questions i know she knows, etc

Is she bored? If she knows everything and you keep letting her play the same games, maybe just needs a new challenge.