Learning Activities with my Children ( DD 29 months and DS 9 months)

Yes Cammie is a big sister already! :slight_smile: Oh donā€™t worry about structured teaching. In my opinion (and also mentioned in Domanā€™s book), babies can learn anything that is presented in an honest and loving way. In my experience, planning a structure in itself consumes a lot of time and adds stress. lol I tried and there are so many factors that can alter the schedule I set so I just followed her interest. I just made sure materials are available everywhere we go (flashcards under the stroller, letter number foams in the bathroom, whiteboard in the backpack, etc). We also didnā€™t follow the rule for retiring cards and videos, I just followed her interest and trusted my instinct. The only structured material we used is the LR curriculum :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Are you planning to show your DS and DD the Glenn Doman Pict Dictionary? Itā€™s a great way to learn general knowledge, reading, and has options for other languages too. Iā€™ll be following your blog :slight_smile: Happy teaching!

I totally agree with you about structured teaching :slight_smile:
Especially with a new babyā€¦
Long time ago I decided to myself: " I will never again will waste my precious time and brain power on feeling guilty for the things that are not done!
I will stop myself right there on the spot and just will focus on the things that can be done today, and plan for tomorrow"ā€¦
This decision make my life much better, and now I am getting much more things done.
I agree that the key to success in early learning is to Enjoy any learning activity with your child, because they will learn and retain way more new material this way!
Of course it helps to be organized, but life does happen, and our schedules, programs changeā€¦
But as long as you know where you are going and why, you will get thereā€¦
I do plan to show my kids the Glenn Doman Pict Dictionary, but at the moment I am doing TweedleWink lessons with them twice a day, and we are on Lesson 18 today, so we still have another month with the TW course.