Laminating flashcard question

Okay, so for those of you that laminate. What size pouches do you use?
I’ve been printing out the half sheet cards. So I’m not sure what sized pouches to use on these cards.
My sister let me borrow her laminator so I thought I’d give it a whirl.
I’m sure that the packaging tape has been more cost efficient for me but its so time consuming to do too. So far I know I can get 84 cards made with using 4 rolls of packing tape.
Also where is the best place with the best price to get the laminate from.

Good question, I am interested to hear about it as well.

I purchased a self adhesive laminating roll. It makes it easier because I can laminate any size. It only costs $39.75 and ships free.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IC7I/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00007E7D2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1MDN4QPJJFR9DACBQ86A

I use the small menu size 5mm (3mm works great too). If I am doing flashcards I just put all the flash cards in and then cut them out after I am done. Sometimes I will then run them through again on their own (not an approved method I don’t think, but I’ve never had a problem). I like the small menu because I can do anything I want size wisefrom 11x11 Doman bits to lots of work flash cards to math flash cards. I just arrange them within the pouch. I get the pouches from lamination king.

https://www.laminationking.com/Thermal-Laminating-Pouches.htm

Right now they are having a buy one get one free sale. So for $39.99 you get 200 11.5 by 17.5 inch pouches. That is 20 cents a pouch and you could get 8 2"x 11.5" word cards or 6 flash cards per a pouch. Honestly for us it has been a great deal.

Oh wow! That is a good deal. I was wondering if you could cut and reheat the laminate. My sister wasn’t sure if you could.

I do it all the time. Like I said I don’t think it is “recomended” but I have never had a problem. Sometimes, the edges might start to seperate on a heavily used flashcard or there is an area that is not sealed as well, or after you cut you want to seal again. Anyway, I LOVE my laminator.

I laminate at least 20 pages a months, two months ago I laminated over 60…believe me it is worth it!
I laminate every activity or worksheet I think we can use over and over again.
I purchased me laminating machine at wallmart for $30 or less I can remember exactly.
I purchase the puches from laminating.com THEY ARE VER VERY REASONABLE! AND IF you require them by call or e-mail to send you on the shippest method they will. they are great.