Kung Fu Panda anyone?......haiiiyyaa

We recently took my children to watch the cartoon movie ‘Kung Fu Panda’. It was the first movie for me and my hubby after my daughter was born (3 yrs now). So we were looking forward to it very much. But my children thought otherwise. :wink:

Both of them were fine for half way through the show My elder one didn’t like the evil tiger and started crying when it came. My younger son, grabbed hold of my hand and covered his eyes with them tightly. So for the rest of the half of the movie, we were outside the cinema pacifying our children!! lol

It was quite an experience. Anybody else with similar experiences? Do Share! :laugh:

lol lol

Felicity’s first experience in the cinema was with Enchanted, and surprisingly, she sat all the way through it without fussing! She even got really upset at the evil Queen in the end!

And thanks to that movie, we now have a ‘game’ where I would close my close and she would come and give me a ‘true love’s kiss’! Great way to get her to kiss me cos otherwise she’d typically be very reluctant to! :smiley: (and often I’d purposely not ‘wake up’ until she’s kissed me a few times… lol )

So, I guess you couldn’t tell us what happened at the end of Kung Fu Panda, huh? :tongue2:

KL

My older child (4 1/2) loved Enchanted (okay, I’ll admit it - so do I!!) and also loves planting (and receiving) “true love’s kiss”. She also loves to sing all of the songs - sometimes belting them out and sometimes whispering them to herself…

As for her first movie theater experience - it was when she was about three (I’m guessing a bit here) - it was Ratatouille. She managed to sit through the whole thing—she just kept wanting to know if the people in front of us were watching too. We were in a stadium seating theater, and she kept leaning over their seats to make sure they were paying attention to the show!! I think that having a snack is a good idea - if they are chewing, perhaps they will be less likely to chat about the movie while they’re watching it. :biggrin:

My 10 month old is too young to attempt taking him to a movie at a theater, but boy does he LOVE hearing the music of the Backyardigans show - he will come crawling as fast as his baby legs can carry him from the other room and sits there throughout most of the episode - with his body wiggling and waving during the musical numbers! lol

haha, whoever invented ‘true love’s kiss’ should be awarded a medal for letting parents get more voluntary kisses from our kids!
lol

What’s this Backyardigans show?

We love the Backyardigans! lol It’s a children’s show in Nick Jr. The show is very entertaining, and it has great music too!

It’s a nice show where the characters use their imaginations to turn their backyards into whole new worlds.

:wub: Obviously I’m entertained as well!

Oh, you simply must check it out! Each episode covers a different genre of music and style of dance. As a former dancer and huge lover of music, I just love that my child has been exposed to dance forms such as tap, jazz, ballroom (the tango episode is one of my favorites!), flamenco, etc. She is also really familiar now with different styles of music as well! If you google the Backyardigans, you can find a site that lists all of the episodes - along with a summary of the content (including what style of music and what form of dance it contains). If you have any more questions, let those of us who love it know!! :biggrin:

Stef Ku - Can you tell I’m a huge fan too! In fact, I’m thinking this will be the theme for my wee one’s first birthday party!! I’m sensing we could chat this out more on a new thread in the coffee corner, yes?? :tongue2:

Sounds really interesting. Gotta check it out! Thanks for the heads up!

I’ve heard of backyardigans…but never got a chance to watch it…They show some fillers in between programs and my children love their music. “huka pele” , " samurai pie"…he he :laugh:

They make up quite a tune… very catchy…

Have u heard of wonderpets? My kids love them too… at least it convinces them that celery is like “Spinach for Popye”. :smiley:

Anushyam

Oh Lawrencelb, a Backyardigans birthday party would be awesome! :tongue2:

I am months away from my baby’s first birthday, so I think it might be too soon to think about a birthday party, but when she does turn one, we will surely get into it! :slight_smile: Do let me know how your baby’s party goes! It would be great fun - Backyardigans balloons, music, costumes, hats and giveaways!

(I feel like a kid thinking about it!)

I think we need to rename the subject of this thread to “Backyardigans, anyone?..huka pele!”

lol…KL, you are so spontaneously funny … a karma point for your humour!!

We finally watched Kung Fu Panda!! It was the last show and the whole cinema was empty, so we basically had our own private viewing!

It was a great movie! Now we have to find some way to watch this Backyardigans thingy! :slight_smile:

btw, Anushyam, I think you were probably referring to the evil ‘panther’, not tiger (the tiger was a ‘good’ character) - looks like you really didn’t get to see that much of the movie!
lol

PS - I didn’t realize till the end that the tiger was voiced by Angelina Jolie!! :ohmy:

OH Hei…was that a panther? But I thot panther’s don’t have stripes or spots?!! he he he… We need a cats family category in Brill kids man! ( so that i can learn with the kids!)

I’m glad you liked the movie. I was laughing mostly thro the show because of po the panda… lol

I saw backyardigans for sale in big sets on ebay from Manilla (Phillipines) (cheap to buy in bulk there)… I’ve never seen the show so didnt buy it, but it’s nice to hear a bit about it.

Hi Nikita,

You have to have Nickelodeon channel in order to get Backyardigans. But no worries, you could enjoy them for free at their website http://www.nickjr.com/playtime/shows/blue/games/blue_feelings.jhtml?=

Have fun!

You all are right - this could be renamed the Backyardigans thread. I will continue in that vein here…

Just wanted to report that we did in fact do a Backyardigans party for our little man - and everyone had a great time! I found a balloon company that sells the “oh so cool” shape balloons - just imagine one and two year olds dancing around with three-feet-tall balloon versions of the five characters from the show while listening to all the great songs from some of the episodes! (Yes it was a splurge, but so well worth it - they are still hanging out with us in our living room weeks later - we just filled them with regular air, not helium). We also had a character “bounce” - my daughter had little stuffed figurines from the show (thanks to her gramma a couple years back) and we placed all of them on a big white sheet - all grabbed on to the edges of the sheet and shook and shook until they all were bouncing high in the air (think “parachute” game seen in baby gym classes).

Of course, his cake had to have Backyardigans characters on it - so I just “fashioned” some out of fondant, stuck 'em on the cake, and he dove right in! (picture massive amounts of chocolate crumbs everywhere) Someone once told me to use chocolate cake for their first birhthday cakes b/c it shows up better in pictures - it was great advice!

Anyway, it was tons of fun - thanks for letting me share here with all of you!