(((( KIMMBA ))) Is 7 hours/week of native French good enough to learn

Anyone can answer this but Kimmba, I thought you would have direct experience with this.

My husband and I only speak English but we are trying to teach our 22 month old French. She’s been watching Little Pim on and off for about 6 months and for the past few weeks we have her on the below schedule. Tell me if you think she will learn enough to be fluent on this schedule:

She will be spending 2 hours on Sunday afternoon playing “one on one” with a native French speaker and then 4 hours on Monday mornings playing “one on one” with a DIFFERENT native French speaker. And then on Tuesdays she will take a 1 hour native French play class at The Language Workshop for Children. That’s all we can afford for now.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Lucy

Lucky Lucy
All this is cleverly thought. Your daughter will benefit greatly from having interactions with different adults and with children. LP will reinforce everything she hears.

At the language school I used to work for (where kids started learning at 4y), they had only 2 hours of play in French a week. I would say that most children, after about a year on the program, had a good understanding but did not ‘speak’ as well or much as we’d have thought. However I noticed that the little kids (very often girls) who formed a special bond during this class developped amazing skills- as they used french as a ‘secret language’ between them.

I wish i could do the same for my daughter in Mandarin!
Well done and keep us posted on the progress!