Kid crying

Hi everyone,

I have a neighbor with an 8year old son. He’s crying (starts 6pm) when his mom and dad isn’t in the house. I’ve come to know that there was an instance before that an accident occur. I asked the boy why does he cry everyday and says he’s thinking that something might happen to his parents. And that means they could die. Really, it has been terrible to his nanny. Sometimes, the boy thinks of jumping off the window (we are on the 10th floor) if his parents are not there. The nanny of corz was histerical since we live in the middle east, she’ll get punished if something happened and be blamed or police would notice the behavior. To my friends, the behavior was nothing but for me, being a third party… and noticing it everyday there should be something to do. The nanny is really trying her best to stop the crying everytime that he even tell the boy that if he does that again she’ll go away and never come back. Then the boy would stop crying… but after some days, there he goes again. To the boy, he said he don’t know how to stop what he thinks. He knows that is bad but everytime sun is down and the parents are not around he cries really really loud.

Any advice? I want to help the poor boy but I don’t know how. I tried to comfort him telling that’s just his subconscious and what should be done is pray always for guidance. But I think that didn’t help either. Trully the boy has been traumatized of what ever the incident was.

It sounds like he has childhood depression and needs the help of a doctor.

I think he is feeling very insecure. Do the parents know about his feelings? It would be better to take him to a counselor or even a doctor if it is really bad. Please ask the parents to do something soon, else it would be very difficult to handle later.

I feel he should be counselled and why not try to implement the sleep talk method. (Giving positive suggestions during the first 10 to 15 minutes of his sleep). I have heard it works out even for adults.

I think parents should take a decision on their child situation. I honestly think you can’t help, maybe he needs professional help.