Khan Academy - free app for ipad, android, pc

Khan Academy over 3000 videos for teaching and adding more everyday. Some school systems are using it for their curriculum. Great for people homeschooling. For the little ones it starts with addition, telling time, level 3 Singapore Math, and art history. Most of it is geared toward high school level or above but if nothing else you can use it to brush up before teaching your child. Excellent resource and hopefully they will add more for younger children.

thank you… :rolleyes:

My 11 year old uses it to view math concepts, really cool!

Thank you!

You’ll find a lot more educational video content for little kids, much better organized, on http://www.watchknowlearn.org/

Thank you. It’s really cool.

I think Khan Academy is a great website to use when looking to learn new concepts for my daughter and students. I have found that another website called Beestar helps with keeping the kids interested in the subject. I have also found that the honor roll system gives them more incentive and builds confidence. The website provides a lot of supplemental questions that help with keeping them interested in the subject. There are various school levels and you can also track the progress online. I think it is a great tool to utilize to help kids learn more about any subject matter that may be difficult or more confusing for them.

Thanks for share this post…

Love Kahn academy! I had forgotten about Watch Know Learn. Thanks Larry :slight_smile: I just went on & already found some videos for K’s current science unit.

Cool, thanks for sharing it.

Khan academy is great.

Love Beestar! Simple and easy to use for the kiddos. They’ve excelled so quickly with its natural progression that they’ve moved on to GT math programs in school.