Just wondering

Okay I live in Virginia and the cut off date to start school at 5yrs old is at the end of Sept and my daughter will be born Oct 24th so I was wondering if anyone knew that if I were to homeschool for that first year could she start in the first grade that following year?

I would call the school board and ask

Every school system is different. You can homeschool anytime you want in some states. I start at 6 months here in KY. I would say that you need to place your child in the grade that the child’s education level is at and not the age level. Here in KY as far as public schooling the kids have to be 5 by October to enroll in K. but when you homeschool it is totally different. Do you know your state laws regarding homeschool and or your school districts laws? You need to assess your child to see what level he/she is really at and maybe not place a grade level on the child? If you need help assessing and knowing the guidelines of grades let me know. And if I may ask what curricula are you going to use to homeschool? However like I said you need to check your state’s laws and districts laws about homeschooling and you can check with HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association for more info. and legal advice regarding homeschooling.
If you haven’t picked a curricula out yet you may wanna consider www.time4learning.com They assess your child and provide your state’s standards.

Do you like time4learning Mother of Faith? My son and I didn’t really care for it much.

Like I always say each child is differnet. I have a child now that I am helping and the child hates it but I realized that I had to up the level of content, the child was bored on some subjects and behind on others, so I had to accomadate the child’s needs. Now the child is loving it.
For our community it is an awesome curricula where parents do not have to teach, they can go to school at a babysitters house or grandparents house. And now that I have opened our own Home Education Resource Center they come to me to go to homeschool. It is a lot easier on working or single parent families.
And have you tried it recently? They have updated it?

I tried it a few months back. My issue was it was so difficult to navigate where I should place my child. I really wish it started with an assessment test. Then perhaps it might have worked for us. But we struggled for ages trying to find his level. Finally I gave up after he started saying “no please no time4learning mom”
We use a mixture of homeschooling programs now. I’m a little compulsive I guess. Lol. But my kindergartener is thriving so I can’t be doing too bad I guess. Only time will tell

I understand. I assess my kids before I put them on time4learning so I know a head of time what to do now. I have a lot of people tell me that about where to begin.