Just going old school

Every since I heard about all these programs i have been obsessed with trying to purchased one of them YBCR or LR or LM. I am an ex preschool teacher and I realized that I really didn’t need the programs to introduce my child to different things. But I do plan on purchasing the LR program just to enhance my curriculum but I went to the dollar tree the other day and found some items that I can make flashcards out of so I’m pretty excited. My only hope now is that the LR can be a great addition to want I plan on doing with my son. So im going old school :mellow:

Yes, always know that you don’t NEED any particular tool in order to teach your child. There are many tools available, and each has its merits over the other.

The single most important thing is put in the time and effort to teach, and to introduce your child to the joys of learning. So long as you are spending these precious bonding moments with your child and your child is enjoying it, you’re doing wonderfully already!!

Home made flashcards are great cos they are as personal as they get! You could even keep them as keepsakes and show your son when he’s grown up! :slight_smile:

i’m glad to hear that pov. i think it’s true that we can all get wrapped up making sure we are doing everything right with every tool available. i think ‘old school’ is great advice. k to you!

I think if you put the time and effort into crafting a strong program, either hard copy or soft, you will be able to do a good job at teaching. Good luck!