its working and Im so excited

Hi

I just wanted to share that H is reading!!! :yes: 7 months on from when we first started with YBCR - we’ve been using brill kids for just over a month.

And WOW - she is now reading all the action words- eat, walk, run, arms up, point etc - its brilliant and there is no stopping her - she loves it and creates if you try and take her away from the screen before 10 minutes is up!!! She loves the animals and has learnt so many of the noises too.

Its frustrating :tongue: that that sceptics in my life say “oh she is just copying”. Yes - I know but she is doing it about 2 years earlier than a lot of kids in this country - and Im very very proud of her and so glad I found Brill Kids and YBCR !!!

Congratulations, I am so excited for you. Don’t let the skeptics dissuade you. This is the first step towards independent reading.

Congratulations! lol and most of all I’m happy to know that your little one is finding it so much fun to learn! I still find it amazing how rewarding this experience can be to you who have liked our programs - we’re indeed very grateful that your daughter likes LR, and your words move us to create better programs than can make learning fun!

As always, happy teaching!

Wow! That’s great! :biggrin: Thanks for sharing. It is so encouraging. I just started with my boy and am eagerly awaiting the day when he shows that he can read.
And I love that you daughter enjoys it so much. :yes:

congats! i’m happy that your little one is eager to learn, that’s soo good to know! :nowink:

That’s really great - its so nice to hear success stories and that she is enjoying it so much.

The sceptics will say anything, but its actually unlikely she is just copying - there is an element of that with the actions (my daughter has recently started doing actions to songs she sees on TV), but it also has to do with understanding and reading. If she can do the action to the written word then she is expressing that she knows what the symbols mean - she is reading.

Enjoy this time - it is so special.

Ah, I’m so happy for you both! Can’t wait for our son to start! Little Reader is wonderful though and I really do believe it’s made an enormous impact on our son in the few months that we have been using it.

Has she read a story to you yet?

TABS

congratulations. very nice to hear this. mums would encourage with this. thanks for ur post. can you show us a video, it would be interesting

i just started and my lil one loves seeing the animals and colors i can’t wait to see what she can do in a month. i think it is amazing. and they can too read its word recognisation

thanks for the messages of support!

Im going to have a go at videoing her - she is very inclined to play to the camera when its on and not concentrate on what she was doing so it may take a few attempts!!