Is there anyone who can help us create more LR content? We'll pay!!

Hi there!

First, we want to say that Little Reader (LR) is an absolutely fantastic teaching tool! We have been amazed at how fast our two year old son went from barely being able to sound out a few letters to now being able to read complete sentences. All thanks to LR!

In fact, we literally can’t stop talking about how great LR is. Whenever we meet other parents with young children, the first thing we say “You just have to get Little Reader! It will change your child’s future!”

Now to our question. We just finished LR (semesters 1 and 2) with our two year old. To be precise, our son is 2 yrs and 7 months old. We started LR when he was about 20 months and we finished both semesters in just under one year.

We would love to be able to continue reading sessions with our son using LR. The problem is that we are simply too busy to create our own content on LR platform. We browsed through and downloaded user created content under http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?cat=63 but we found that the quality of this content to be inconsistent. By “consistent,” we mean things like: usage of primarily simple words, certain sentence structure, visuals that are clear and simple.

For example, the following sentences from LR semester 2 are great:

“I like to clap when mommy dances”

“A green frog can jump so high”

“Here are my two shoulders”

These are simple, easy to visualize sentences that use common words. The problem with user generated content is that it does not have the same consistency/quality ( There were a couple of downloads that were really, really good, e.g. “Transportation Sentences” under “Transportation” but certainly not enough).

What we are looking for is to hire someone to develop a continuation of LR semester 2 with emphasis on Simple Sentences. We would like for all stories to follow the same general pattern (similar to LR). Ideally, it would be nice if each sentence had a video/animation but probably pictures will be sufficient.

We are willing to pay per story or a set of stories developed and, of course, all of this content will be available to the entire community.

If there is anyone who is currently doing this (developing quality content for LR) or who may be interested in this project, we would love to hear from you. We can pay on a per story basis or for multiple stories (e.g. a set of 20-30). What’s important to us is that all new content adheres to a set of predefined guidelines much like LR content does. We can discuss these in advance.

Feel free to reply to this message or PM us if you may be interested.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
LG’s Parents

Good idea!
How about asking KL, Lappy, and all the Brillkids teams to do that?
That must be great!
I can be useful for other children too :slight_smile:

Dear LG"s parent,
As I am a mother and teacher also started content writing,i think my technique may suits your teaching processes.

Iwini-- Thanks! We will definitely contact you.

Is anyone else interested in helping us develop new content for Reader? Specifically, we are looking to develop a set of new Simple Sentences.

We will pay for content development and, of course, we will post the end product to the community so everyone can benefit from this work.

Ideally, it would be great to have something like a “Semester 3: Simple Sentences” that continues to build on Semester 2 but focuses on reading sentences.

If you are interested, please post here or send us a PM.

Thanks everyone!
Little LG’s Parents

Dear friends.
we did it.hope every body can teach Geography to their little readers. lol

Yes, Geography is good.
May I suggest to add Moral lessons, for the good souls who is developing new lessons :slight_smile:
Children these days need to learn basic good manners ie greetings, to be kind, helpful etc.
Dont you all agree ? :happy:

I came on here just now looking for the same thing. I was looking through the books to see if there were any books I could download and print off but didn’t find many suitable. I liked the Brill Kids ones but the stories weren’t to my taste and all the others I looked at weren’t right. I have been thinking or a while about writing a series of readers because to buy a set of readers is so expensive. Also most have the writing with the picture which is no good for very young readers as they are too busy looking at the pictures to see the words. I was thinking of having them on the internet so people can download them and print them off. I never thought of having them on little reader. That makes so much sense though. I’m making files with the top 100 most commonly used words at the moment which I hope to upload onto Brill Kids soon.