Is there anyone still using LR regularly with their 3.5 and older children?

Purely curious. I showed LR regularly to my son from age 18mo to about 30mo, but then dropped off significantly - due to his lack of interest and allowing interuptions to break our routine. He is reading and we are doing more hands on phonics training. I’m quite certain that he is using more of his left brain at this point, but wondering if there are others who have “old” kids lol and are using LR. Also wondering if, in your opinion, it is purely vocabulary building that you are doing, or if learning to read the words is sinking in at this stage.

I have started LR with my now nearly 9 month old and because she sees it regularly my older daughter (now 4 years old) also asks to see it so she is seeing it almost as regularly as my 9 month old. I show her semester two as she never really did that in detail and the baby can watch two sessions if she wants to but usually is tired after her session. Since my daughter is doing a phonics programme now she can work out some of these words herself and perhaps it is more for vocabulary purposes. The main reason is just that she likes it.

My son is not of the age group you mentioned but he will be turning 3 this month.
He has completed LR curriculums and is now reading pretty well.

He watches LR twice a day and every day! Mostly he watches the lessons I created for him and encyclopaedic knowledge files from the LR library.
I think LR helps him developing good memory as well as vocabulary. Recently I have noticed that he memorizes the order of the words shown on LR, for example, The Planet of The Solar System lesson. He is able to tell me the order of the planets from closest to furthest from the sun, exactly shown on his lesson on LR.

My son is 3 yr 5 months.
I have been showing him LR in English (his second language, non-native) since he was 2, with small or big interruptions over time. We are more than half away of semester 2 and he’s enjoying it all the time. That’s why I keep going. He’s not reading in English, but he’s learning to speak it and he surprises us with the speed of his learning.

I am still using LR nearly everyday with Ella, who just turned 3 years 4 months old, to teach her Chinese, Spanish, and French. We are also going through English Semester 2 again, even though she is already reading early chapter books, just because she enjoys it and always asks for it. :slight_smile: