Is there a way to print off only the words for the week (5 days) in LR?

Is there an easy way to do this as opposed to printing all the words for each day (and having to un-check all the words which reappear)? And how many words in total are there over 5 days?

I’m thinking about buying enough of the Reusable Flap Cards for a weeks worth of lessons to use as our Session 2, as I’m not sure how focused LO is with the lessons on the pc monitor. Think this will make the lesson a bit more interactive thus more engaging for her.

I have only started to print words recently but I think the only way is to check the words you want to print. I have never counted the words.

I would also loved if there was an option to adjust the size of the words - so the side I see would have smaller writing to save on ink and an option to put date on the flashcard when was it printed. That would be much easier to retire the words :yes:

Still not what you want, but I just choose all the categories involved. It’s less clicking.

Hopefully BrillKids will add this option on in the next update… including smaller font on the parent-facing slide with date. Would be extremely useful :yes:

Hi everyone, thanks for your ideas! We’ll re-visit the Print function and look into adding some of your suggestions after LR v3 is released (coming very soon!).

In the meantime, printing words can be done in any of the methods a few of you have mentioned above. In case anyone needs further help on using the Print function, please refer to this tutorial video and article: http://support.brillkids.com/entries/20388416-how-to-print-flash-cards-in-little-reader

About Tombliboo’s other question on how many words there are over 5 days, here are some points which may help:

For each day, about 6 words from 3 categories are shown – you’ll see all 18 words in Multisensory and Picture Flash sessions, and half of the day’s worth of words for each Word Flash session.

For Pattern Phonics sessions, 1 category (with 7-10 words) is shown each day.

The word counts above does not exclude words which are repeatedly shown. As you already know, one word is retired and a new one is introduced every day, so the number of words shown daily wouldn’t change as much. Words are retired in a “first in, first out” manner, not randomly, and this helps ensure that each word would be shown an equal number of times.

In general there would be around 140 words for five days (the count excludes Story Time sessions, which appear in the middle of Sem 2).

I am looking forward for the update :slight_smile:
I would also like if there was an option to switch off the sound while playing the slides as my daughter is now saying the words shown on the screen and I can not tell if she reads it.
A small speaker on the screen , like the one in LMs, whould help me a lot :biggrin:

lelask- go into your override settings and if I remember correctly, check/uncheck the pronunciation box. It will be silent for the word and then announce the audio on the picture shown second. Again, I am going from the top of my head so check it out. :slight_smile: