Is she bored?

The last two days my daughter has shown frustration at the Little Reader presentations. It is the first time ever since we started showing it to her when she was 8 months old. Recently I switched her over from the single words to show very short stories with phrases and short sentences and she seemed to enjoy them very much, but now she seems to cry if I show her one she doesn’t want. I can ask her “Do you want ____ one?” but she seems to say yes all the time and then cry. She never cries if it is a brand new story, but I cannot make a new story for her every day.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I was hoping to get at least 15 repetitions out of new categories, but it seems that is not working anymore. I have downloaded a fair amount but even so I cannot keep up with her and I am also wondering whether she is learning anything if she sees it only once or twice.

I hear you. My little boy has been doing the same thing lately–well, maybe not as fussy as yours perhaps, but he definitely says “no” a lot more now.

Others might give different advice but I just have to shrug. Maybe the answer is to lay off the presentations for a whole week. Do more of other things. Look into other educational methods. Remember, it’s supposed to be fun…if it’s not fun anymore, don’t force it!

DadDude is right :slight_smile: - we’ve always been advocates of fun and joyous learning, but if your child isn’t in the mood for your lessons, then perhaps it’s best to lay off them for a while. Give your daughter a day or two of rest, even for as long as she needs to replenish her enthusiasm for the lessons.

Perhaps it’s also time to provide her with different learning experiences - give your daughter a variety of ways to learn by spending more time with toys for tactile stimulation and motor skills development. After a while, she may learn that she has missed her flashcards, and will be happier once you resume her lessons with them. :happy: