Is he advanced?

Hi every one,

I am a new member here. I have a 3 year old adorable son. He can show around 150 countries in the globe/map.
He is a very quick learner. He recently started reading small sentences and words. And last Saturday he surprised
me and my hubby by writing few words like mom, dad, cat, rat and so on, though i have actually not taught him to write.

Can anyone tell me whether he is advanced for his age or is it normal for 3 year old? I am a first time mom and really don’t have much knowledge in this.
I would appreciate if some one could help me with this. If he is advanced is there a special course for him?
Btw at present we live in India.

Thank you

Yes, he is advanced! Well done to all of you

Yes he sounds advanced. To get all that without you teaching him is special. You don’t need a course for him you just need to introduce him to new things and give him some information to digest. Encourage his reading and give him a children’s encyclopedia.

Thank you so much for your help seastar and Mandabplus3. Today is the second day of Little reader for him. He seems to be very excited about it.
I am little bit sad that we realized it so late though all the signs were there…Better late than never