is enrolling to kindermusik a good idea?

my dd is already 17th month old and she loves music and to dance so much. We have LMs I play it during weekdays. She also listens to music everyday (either bible songs, children’s songs, classical, peter weatherall, etc.). I also let her watch trebellina 2-3 times a month.

She loves the musical instruments when it is being shown in LMS and trebellina. She always dance everytime she hears music, even the sound of chopping board and knife while chopping lol . As long as there’s a beat, she will dance. I also bought SM but she’s still young for that. I want to nurture her interest in music and dancing. I don’t know if my resources are enough, so I’m planning to take the trial class in kindermusik and if she likes it, i will enroll her for 1 term (3 months). I am not sure though if enrolling her will be a good decision or is there something else that I can offer more to her without enrolling to a class. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

We are currently doing Kindermusik. I think I love it more than my 5.5 month old. :slight_smile: I really like it because it really brings together bonding, music, movement together. Besides, it is a nice way for the little people to interact and it is a whole lot of fun. The way I figured out if my son would like it was to take a trail class. I think all kindermusik classes allow this. I just looked up nearby classes on the kindermusik website using my postal code and contacted the teacher offering lessons if I could stop by.

Even I am interested in knowing more about kindermusic. Visited their website it sure looks like lot of fun
Like panaromix said I will try the trail class and see how it goes.

Ive heard it’s very good

Oh, another thing I really love about kindermusik is use of different genres in music. I think in the one CD we have, there is classical, folk, jazz, and reggae to name a few.

We just had our trial and my daughter loved it, so we signed up immediately. :laugh:

I think their activities are very engaging. They will let the children try different musical instruments, sing, dance and storytelling. And yes, their CD is nice too so that you can replicate the activities at home.

It is a great program that promotes music appreciation, rhythm, bonding, and motion. I have CDs but my son loves it so much more in a class setting.

Kindermusik is IMHO the VERY BEST way to get your child involved in ALL the benefits music has to offer! Not only is Kindermusik great for teaching even young babies about different musical genres, but it helps build confidence, coordination, emotional development, gross motor skills, fine motor skills, social skills, cognitive skills, AND language skills! I love how there are suggested activities to do at home each week to make it more than just a class to go to. It is great even for the youngest of babies. I have had all my children in Kindermusik classes for the past 9 years and have not regretted a single penny spent on it! My 19 month old is currently in Kindermusik and LOVES to do the activities at home, even though during class he mostly observes.

I like how well Little Musician blends into what we do in the older Kindermusik classes. They use “ta” and “ti-ti”, teach instrument recognition, teach about composers, and listen to many styles of music…just like in Little Musician! :slight_smile:

It’s also fun for parents!