Is anyone using the Doman dot cards math iPad app?

I could not find the Baby can’t count app in appstore. Can someone give me the correct links for both the apps. TIA.

Hi Arvi, you should just be able to type in the titles in the search box & find them. I purchase from the Canadian store, perhaps they are not available outside North America.

I also have “math guppy”. The fish only eats bubbles with 5 dots, so you join the dots together to make the right quantity. You can then go on to numbers … I actually paid big money for this one, $2.99… :rolleyes: It said it had 15 levels, so I assumed that meant that it went up to 15 but after you join the dots correctly, it starts inserting numerals instead of dots, then replaces dots completely with numerals… BUT it only goes up to 5. The developer told me that that’s because after 5, the child isn’t subitizing, he’s counting… (I haven’t replied to him yet.)

There is a next level app called hungry fish … but all numerals including negative & positive.

It’s got great potential. My son likes anything to do with bubbles so it’s a winner in that respect & I hope that it will help with his fine motor control… But in terms of math education it’s really dull & doesn’t challenge the child very much. One minute I’m 24+10 = 34 / 8 + 11 = 19, & the next I’m 2+1=3, again & again & again.

I’m just getting into the free downloads on this site and i see there are red Math dot there that you can add to little reader. Ive gave them ago today, just the 30’s. I’m going to have to turn the voice off tho, its a bit off putting. has anyone else tried using them with much success? Im trying to mix it up for my daughter at the moment to try and keep her interest.

It’s Baby Doesn’t Count!

We have the Infant Math full version. I use it on days where I’m too tired to organize the physical dot cards especially the addition sessions. We are currently on numbers 35 to 44 and we have addition sessions with it. However, Subtraction will start only when you reach 50. I am however a little apprehensive that the equation (addition sessions) will cause confusion with my baby. Infant math addition sessions are like these: dots + dots = sum of dots and they show the plus sign and equal sign. When I do the physical dot cards, I just say plus without showing the + sign and say equals without showing the = sign since I’m following Doman. At the start of the Infant Math sessions, my baby would pay attention to it but lately, she turns her head whenever I start an infant math session with the ipad. Right now, I think she prefers the physical dot cards so that’s what I show her.

Mine really liked the dots, so we did that

I gave the doman dot ipad app a good go but i have given up doing the dots with my 18 month old, she just never liked it and I do keep “make sure they are having fun” in the back of my head whenever it come to EL. So we are now more focused on counting physical groups of objects and she is really enjoying counting so I think that’s what we will be doing now when it comes to maths. I will give it another go tho when child number two comes along,

Thanks - just downloaded and started today.
I made the dot cards and they are a bit cumbersome to use. This is a lot easier and more convenient to take with me.
cinny

Hi…we use Baby X Count, the new version is great! Now you don’t have to wait 30 minutes between lessons. With my 3 year old I remember doing math bits in PowerPoint it was a lot of work. It is awesome to have it on iPad! We have been doing since my son was 6 months and he loves it. We do it at night with lights off! As for any progress, I have no idea. Same with my daughter I have no idea, I suppose it can only help and not be bad. I would like to think she has a better grasp if numbers.
I don’t have LM so this is awesome.

Good luck…
Ps I don’t think it makes any difference whether they show the plus sign or the = sign and you don’t. I would say the baby figures it out. I like it that they show it so the kid is introduced to them early.