Is abcmouse worth the money?

I know that quite a few of you are using the abcmouse.com site and my question is “Is it worth the money?” I am sure it is a great site but do your kids like it and ask for it? What age would you recommend it for? (My dd is not reading by herself.)
I am looking for something that will expand her english vocabulary (and mine lol ) as we are not an English native speakers. Will she get informations out of there that 3y olds are interested in?

Hi there,
We used ABCmouse before (free version) and my kids loved it. It’s a lot of fun and has many different subjects. I don’t remember how much does it cost? What about Readingeggs? They have 2 weeks free trial and it worked great for us. If you decide to buy, homeschoolbuyers co op have 25% discount.
Good luck!

Depends at what level your child is at. You can try it for one month and see if its a fit for you. At least they use to do month by month licenses.

My son is 3 years old and we just started ABC mouse 3 weeks ago and he loves it. he is learning how to use the computer and the mouse pad in an organized educational way.It has different sections ranging from Art, Math, reading, games, puzzles and songs. he gets to collect tickets after he finishes each activity
that can be used to buy stuff for his imaginary room or aquarium.
some frustration happens when he press the mouse pad and a pop up window comes up about computer properties but he is learning to press close button to go back to abc mouse window.

We like it.

Rua

HI…well on my own experience, i didn’t like because my son wasn’t learning anything…he lost the interest very quick…i see some people talk about Readingeggs.com, well let me tell you that i tried the free trial and my son improved surprisely to identify letters and pronunciation…of course i was there with him and i love how great my son was doing. I was so excited. but sadly my limit time already expired. I don’t know im gonna buy it because i wanted to try this one but the free trial was giving me a lot tecnical problemas which i chose to uninstall it…
Go ahead and try the www.readingeggs.com. I don’t know more besides “your baby can read” and this one.
Good luck

Thanks for the useful information! I helped your advice!

Thank you very much helped, for a long time I was looking for the answer to this question.

There are better programs out there. Abc mouse has less emphasis on education and lots of emphasis on earning tickets. My kids liked star fall or endless alphabet. As an aside, abc mouse is owned by hard core Scientologists. I felt kind of gross having my money indirectly go to Scientology.