Is 4 months the right age to start Little Reader, Little Maths & Little Music

Hi All,

I have a 4 month old daughter. We are regularly showing her flash cards (pictures & words) since last 1.5 months (not Brillkids product). We have noticed that she enjoys the session. I am interested in the Brill products - deluxe, kid reader, maths & music.
I wanted your view if I should start these courses in addition to the existing flash cards which I am showing 3 times a day as advised by the trainer (not related to Brillkids).

Also, is Deluxe reader helpful or Pro Little Reader is only enough? When should I start Maths and Music courses? To what extent the Flip cards, storybooks and flap cards useful which are given in the Deluxe reader?

Your early response would be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards
Mukund

4 months is the recommended age to start the Little Reader program. I only did Little Reader and started at 6 months and my child mastered phonics by 2 and is now a strong reader at 3. It’s up to you to determine how many programs you want to start. I would say research the forums to see what other parents who use multiple Brill Kids programs. Whatever you do… repetition, repetition,repetition is key. Best wishes!

Hi Mukund, welcome! With my oldest, we didn’t start brillkids products until she was 23 months old, only because I didn’t know much about EL when she was 4 months old. We used all three products with her and found all of them to be very helpful! Now she is 4, and reading at about 1-2 grade level (never had her officially tested), about halfway through 1st grade Singapore math, and doing very well with Soft Mozart piano.

My youngest is almost 7 months old and we started her on all 3 BK programs when she was about 4 months old. She loves all of them. Like you, we are also doing flash cards with her. I highly recommend getting all 3, especially if your time is limited. Right now we only do one session of BK a day, and flash cards several times. At this rate, LR and LM will last for close to 2 years. LMs only has one session a day, but the content is so good, it doesn’t hurt to just repeat it after completing it.

the nice thing about getting the deluxe kit is having the physical copies of the books. The flip chart is also very helpful! You would probably want to order more inserts for it. I would print out the words we were using for the week and put them in the flip chart. It was handy for traveling or using at the dinner table, etc.

I can not say enough good things about LR! It is a program that is useful for years to come! There are so many things in the BK library to download. And so many ways to add your own content after finishing the original curriculum. Plus all the wonderful languages BK keeps adding!!!