iPad reading apps for 15 months old

Hi,

Can anybody suggest good iPad apps for reading activities? Are they effective? I do not currently own an iPad and I’m thinking if it is worth buying one because of the kid’s apps. I’m interested in any iPad apps that would help my son learn stuff, like reading, math, music, concepts, anything. He is 15 months old now.

Thank you!

Definitely Little Reader Touch. You need to buy Little Reader software for your computer for the curriculum to work. We use it all the time.
There are lots of great other apps too but LR Touch is our favourite for reading.

Myfirstapp.com has lots of lite free versions of math concepts, http://www.myfirstapp.com/MyFirstApp/Home.html

Bob books app has a lite version that is good for reading

Letterschool is a great app, good for starting with the alphabet and writing letters

There are just so many wonderful app, I old suggest getting an iPad.

Search educational iPad apps, I’m sure there is already a thread on here somewhere with more suggestions

All the preschool prep apps are great (we prefer the interactive game to the flashcards)
We also like Bob books and other similar apps by the same developer
hooked on phonics
There are lots of great math apps such as Eurotalk 3-5 and their counting app
I also like finger count and Montessori numbers
Teach me toddler is also good

Wow! Thank you so much everybody. I’m definitely getting an iPad. I hope it will be better than laptop as my son get distracted by the laptop and wants to play with keyboard itself.
I have come across preschool prep books for eReader (Kindle) that teach sight words. Can I use these together with the LR program?

Thanks!

I used preschool prep sight words with LR.

I would also recommend Slate Math, Memory train, Geoboard, Sparkabilitites, and any Alligator App.

Thank you very much for your response, cockers4life!
I’m writing down all the suggested apps.