Introducing Reading

Hello smart parents!

I’m a new member of Brillkids and my son is 2 years 1 month now. He knows A-Z, a-z, 1-30 and a lott of words to speak. He speaks simple sentences as well. He doesn’t read yet. I want to get him started with reading and fine tuning his pronunciation as well. Please give me pointers on how to get started.

I did show “Meet the sight words” video from youtube but he is more interested in the objects they show (Eg, mommy, there’s moo-moo cow! there are 4 cows! ) and not concentrating on the phonics or words. Please help!!

Thanks a tonne!! :happy:

A lot of the products specially designed for young readers take into account how easily they are distracted. Your Baby Can Read DVDs and Books/Flashcards, Little Reader, and, to my knowledge, MonkiSee, all show words separately from the pictures, so that your child isn’t distracted by something else. Glen Doman’s book talks about the importance of this and how books for young readers should also have text seperate from illustrations.

Try a different product and maybe try returning to Preschool Prep later.

I think as a mother you yourself should take much time with the child and teach him slowly and clearly how to read, how to pronounce little by little instead of going for videos and thing.
spend lot of time with your child and teach patiently and lovely.You can make your child read qulickly

Reading is a great bonding time between parents and kids. Take a book and hold it at a comfortable level and point a picture while pronouncing that picture name. As your child sits with you, sharing a book will become a pleasurable activity.