Introducing myself

[color=brown][/color]
Dear ones,
Hello from France,
I’m a father of 5 children and, today, I received from a friend the link to this site. From what I first gathered, it seems I will be quite interested.
I like basically all academic topics,especially when they can be presented in an “easy to pull out” manner, if I may say so. I particularly enjoy flash cards, PowerPoint presentations. These are great and confirm the “A picture is worth a thousand words” saying.
Some topics that I like to find materail on are:
-English spelling and vocabulary (both British and American)
-maths (mental and written drills)
-French spelling and vocabulary (now this one is easy to find in France, but any extra is welcome).
-Other languages
-Stuff related to topography and orientation (Reading a map, using a compass etc…).

Well, I guess I’ll first browse through the site and find out…
Wishing you all a great day…

Bonjour…

I am not French, but thats the first word I learnt…Welcome to the forum. I hope you would find lots of interesting stuff in the downloads section. How old are your kids? Have you tried any early learning programs? I am trying to introduce French to my kid…I have started off with basic words. I find that it is not pronounced the way its written!! That makes me wonder how it is taught to kids in France? Can you make any suggestion on how we should go with it? What to introduce first and how to proceed? Hope to hear more from you…

Good luck in teaching your kids.

Warm wishes,
anjie

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki