Introducing Kids early to Architecture with Building blocks

Hi!

Building and creating structures is one of the most fun things that kids love to do!

We all have previouly used cardboards, shoeboxes, pebbles, wooden sticks, blocks, utensils to build in our childhood. Even today, they happen to be the most economical, well recycled & best put to use in terms of creativity and utility.

When I decided to introduce Moksh early to architecture, I presented him with home made flash cards depicting architectural wonders of the world. We also labeled and matched the pictures. Then, I took out a set of Greek Table top blocks that I bought last year for Moksh.

Here’s the video link for you to watch:)
https://youtu.be/GxblkN9Bx7s

The reason why, I did not present the blocks to Moksh earlier was not because he did not have the abilty but because the blocks are loose and not meant to be fixed and hence prone to tumbling down. He needed to have lots of patience:)

These were a big hit once he landed his hands on them:) They helped us learn about different kinds and shapes used in construction and its terminlogy. It was also a little lesson in balance and stability.

It’s a great set of building blocks!

Thanks for watching and happy learning!!