Introducing equations to baby, few doubts

Could somebody pls help me here with a question on introducing equations to a baby after u have reached 20 dot cards

1. Do u randomly show them addition equations or is there a rule u need to follow like.
  2. How many equations do u need to show each day (and do we repeat in 3times a day)?
  3. Isn’t it impossible to cover all the possible combinations?

I cannot answer your first 2 questions since I do not have the math book.

Your third question I can answer. It is impossible to do all possible equations. In the Doman Math system you are not teaching your baby to memorise every single possible equation in the world. You are teaching your baby what + means and what = means. Through the dot cards you have already thought him the quantities and the words that go with it. Now you show in what ways you can combine quantities.

Just like when you talk to your baby, you might never say “There is a pink elephant in my soup”, but because you said sentences like “This is a pink blouse” “There is a fly in my soup” “This is a blue elephant” your child is able to combine these buildings block in different ways.

So if your child really knows how much 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are and then you teach him that 2 + 1 = 3 that 4 + 1 = 5, he should (obviously after a longer while and more added facts) realise that 7 + 1 = 8

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks ladylearning for the information…I get ur point as in its all about getting babies to understand what plus and equal means. Could somebody else help me with the 1st 2 questions I have. Any advice is greatly appreciated.