International Children's Digital Library

Digital children’s books in SO many languages run by a non-profit agency focusd on diversity and culture. Absolutely amazing :biggrin:
Quote" More than 4,000 free children’s books in languages from Afrikaans to Yiddish"

http://en.childrenslibrary.org/

Thanks for sharing, Keri. I’ve been using the ICDL library to read books to my son in french and german. The only not-so-good part is that the books are scanned and hence the graphics do not seem to be captivatiing for younger kids. But it is a wonderful resource and we love it.

Gail

& they even have an app! They just saved me a lot of money on shipping, one contented mummy here :slight_smile:

I’m teaching my little boy French & my accent has much to be desired so I thought it would be wonderful if they had an audio included with their books. (well at least I didn’t ask for the moon!) I came across one in Spanish & excitedly emailed them but they apparently only have 5 in the entire collection… -apart from having a fantastic collection in your native tongue, how great would it be to have all those foreign language books to help little kids learn.

I’m sure it will come.

Thanks once again for another great find, Kerileanne!