Intermediate French speaker teaching 3 and 5 year old boys French

In an effort to teach my kids French, I started creating a weekly program that would help me stay motivated and consistent. As I was creating it, I thought it might actually be helpful for other parents who, like me, aren’t fluent enough to “immerse” my children in French but still want to get them going as early as possible. So I am in the midst of creating a 6 month program for parents of 3-7 year olds to help teach them French.

Are there any other parents who would like to try it with their kids and send me feedback? So far it’s working with my kids. I am also wondering whether it would work well in combination with the LR French program, if you are using that product? If you would like to try it(for free, of course!) please email me at kristin@languagemom.com.

Merci! Kristin

That sounds amazing Kristin. I have sent you an email

Great, thanks so much! (To get more background on the program I am working on and for other French resources, you can check out http://www.languagemom.com - I’d love any feedback!)

http://www.languagemom.com/pages/French-for-Kids-Program/

Awesome plan!
I like everything so far! I will reread this in depth tonight and will post a feedback!
Thank you, Kristin!

LOVING what I see so far. Thanks again

I sent you an email, Kristin. I am teaching my 3.5 year old daughter French and Spanish as non-native languages, and my biggest challenge is to be consistent and stay motivated. I would love to learn more about your program!

Feel free to count us in too! Consistency is what’s hardest for us too, so anything to help! Thanks :slight_smile:

I am also teaching my 3 1/2 year old french and would like to try your programme. I’ve sent you an email.

I received already our first lesson!
LOVE it!

Well I love it , very well done , thank you Kristin !! and so sorry for very late response . I just wish there are more hours in my days but it seemed so unfair that my kiddos are enjoying your work and I keep quiet and not share our experience .
We have lots of french learning material around us , we have dvds, books , magazines , but consistency was our problem , even for this mama who can speak perfect french , not much french was happening in our house . the problem is with me that i aim to do a lot and i start but find it challenging to keep up so i drop altogether .
this is where your rpogram was wonderful for us and i do recommend it to families who want to teach their kids french . your weekly lessons are nice short and easy to follow even for non french speaking families , if you do each lesson weekly and remember to keep reviewing the previous lessons , your kids will learn .
our favourite lesson was about feelings , and my kids love to play the game : mama triste and i have to make a sad face, fache and i have to pretend I am angry .
even my just turned six who is very fluent english reader who just took off wiht french reading without any teaching from my side , and is now writing with perfect cursive even a french teacher didn’t believe she never been to school , she never liked writing before and in only 2 months she taught herself cursive , she loves watching languagemom small clips with her brother , when we play a clip they ask me to repeat it about 10 times . Again mama please, again , again …
i like the idea . some people drop early learning because they feel overwhelmed not able to follow full Doman approach . Doing 25 words a day is the ultimate perfect achievement , but if you are going to stress over it , it will steal your enjoyment in teaching your little ones . by doing as little as you can keep up with and be consistent even if it is 5 words a day for a week , kids will sill learn , no stress .
Thank you Kristin for your beautiful work .
viv

Hello Kristin
Wow this is really exciting thank you for this opportunity to get involved. You describe exactly my dilemma - I am very keen to teach French but lack sufficient language skills to fully immerse my DD. I am trying to brush up my own language skills with Michel Thomas language CDs for adults but need some support and structure and guidance for teaching my 3 year old DD. We use various DVDs and CDs but it does feel quite unstructured. And of cousprse waiting with bated breath for LR French (and Spanish!)
I will send you an email right away :slight_smile:

This is an old topic but might be of interest for those teaching their children French.
I am hoping to start with these lessons again as before we were more focused on English language. Now, when I can say that she is fluent in English (2-3y old fluent :slight_smile: ) I am looking for another language stimulation on higher level.

Anyone used these lessons?
Thanks for feadback.