Interesting Chinese Website

Hi all,

My SIL had introduced me to this great Chinese website, which requires subscription. Its www.benesse.com.tw. You will receive a CD and another package (with toys/books) every month.

Hope you like it!

Cheers

What a coincidence! I just ordered a 6-month subscription yesterday! My daughter loves the 巧虎 videos on youtube! :slight_smile:

Interesting! I wish the site had an english option as I dont understand any of it lol

巧虎 is very popular in both mainland China and Taiwan area. In mainland, the program is called 巧虎乐智小天地 and it has a version for young babies (宝宝版) and also a version for older babies (幼幼版). In Taiwan, this program is called 巧連智。 This program is to teach kids good habits in daily life. It is very fun. This program was created by Japanese. So, it has a Japanese version too.

aangeles, where did you subscribe this program for your baby? As far as I know, it is only available in mainland China and Taiwan.

Michael’s mom

Hi Michael’s mom,

I emailed them to ask about subscribing from the U.S. and found out that they DO ship to the U.S.A. In fact, I just received the June 2010 issue which includes the 巧虎 activity book, a sticker book, 巧虎 puppet, water toy, 2 巧虎 DVDs, and parent’s guide. I ordered from Taiwan 巧連智 since I am teaching my daughter Traditional Chinese. Shipping is a little expensive but I think totally worth it since you get so many other things with the monthly subscription. I love being able to expose my daughter to Chinese children’s shows so that she will also be familiar with Chinese culture. They have great customer service too. I initially subscribed to the 幼幼版 according to the age recommendations on their website but, after seeing the curriculum for the whole year, I thought it might be too easy for my 22 month-old since she can already read first grade level chinese books so they upgraded me to the next level (快樂版) without a problem. PM me if you’re interested also in subscribing. :slight_smile:

aangeles

Thank you, aangels!

I did not expect they do shipping overseas. This program is fun and educaitonal. My Michael loves the episode of potty training particularly. From the comments of all my Chinese friends, I feel the Taiwan 巧連智 is slightly better than mainland’s 巧虎乐智小天地 in terms of music and the program organization. I hope your daughter enjoys the program! BTW, your daughter is unbelievable! I just watched the viedos of her reading in both Chinese and English. She is awesome! Your investment on her early education is well paid off. :slight_smile: .

Since I am from mainland China and I grew up in simplified Chinese environment, I am teaching Michael simplified Chinese characters. However, I did learn traditional Chinese from practicing Chinese calligraphy. In addition, the Chinese Bible I have been using is also traditional Chinese. So, I can read both.

Michael has been watching 巧虎 from some mainland Chinese websites. He likes it, but not every episode. Since I am going back to China with Michael for a visit this September, I am going to check out the program by then. I will definitely buy a 巧虎 puppet for Michael. It is too cute!!