Inkjet or Laser print? Which is cheap?

Hi,

I would like to know which printer you use. I am using Inkjet printer. I am very annoyed that it is very expensive for printing out big font flashcards. I am printing all the materials that Doman suggests for babies like 3 or 4"tall words and 1"diameter dots. Using inkjet it costs approximately 0.30 Euro cents per paper (only ink cost).

Do you have any suggestions. How much would the same cost using laser print?

Hi, arvi!
I meant to post this long time ago.
I have HP inkjet printer which uses HP 21 (black) and 22(color)cartridges.
Instead to buy new cartridges, I bought ink refill kit on amazon.com for black ink. It Really Works. No gimmiks. Here is the link. It is 16 oz. of black ink would be enough for a year!

http://www.amazon.com/oz-Premium-Black-Refill-Printers/dp/B0014EAFWE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A1PZU2Z57FVPNT&s=generic&qid=1281384267&sr=1-2

they also have some color ink refil kits. But some revewers said that the photo pictures do not come out very well with it, but I think for printing words it will be great!

http://www.amazon.com/Cartridge-Refill-Printers-Color-Black/dp/B00191O7H6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1PZU2Z57FVPNT&s=generic&qid=1281383988&sr=1-1
It is enough ink for lots of prints!

Here is the refill kit for HP22 cartridges that I am using for printing photo flashcards
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Pack-Color-Ink-Refill-Kit-HP-22-28-57-C8728-C6657-/190269281620?pt=BI_Toner
This kit does not have huge amount of ink as the other one, but still you can do ~ 3 refills per pack.

Hope this info helps!

Hey we use a laser printer costs us around $0.07 cents a page (including electricity and paper). We bought a kit to refill our toner cartridges (you need to be able to do a little soldering) and this has since bought it down to $0.05.

The other advantage is that if what you print gets wet or spills, the ink doesn’t run :smiley:

Thanks for the tips Nadia and TmS. I have an Epson, dont know if I can find a refill. But let me search and see how it works out.

can you tell me the name of your laser printer ?? is it good for printing colored photos for bits ??
viv

If you want quality of your work then try laser, otherwise inkjet which is cheaper and low quality printing mechanism in comparison to laser.
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Homeschooling 18 children is a lot of printing…we use Lexmark Prestige Pro 805 it is about 200.00 but the ink is only 5.00 for 500 sheets of printing. This is the best printer I have ever had. It prints 0.01 per sheet not counting paper, and paper regarding it Double A paper form Office Depot is 13.00 a pack for 5 realms. it is awesome paper as well. i can print for 0.02 cents for each page. It is amazing, wifi, and wireless, and it copies, scans, and prints, plus it has tons of touch screen features.

As for refilling the ink cart. this is coming from a computer tech it will ruin your printhead on inkjet printers, and gum up the machine.

I don’t really know about printer prices. However, I did just find a website for buying ink really cheap! Inkforsale.net

I bought 5 cartridges for what I would have paid for one. We have an Epson CX4800. And they;re remanufacturred, so it is better for the environment.

I have already received them and are testing them out. So far, so good. I have printed over 100 sheets already. :slight_smile:

We just recently bought a new Samsung laser printer and have discovered that when the ink runs out, it will actually be cheaper to buy a whole new printer than the buy laser ink refill cartridges. They used to sell laser printers with half full ink but now they come with a full supply of the 3 colours and black. To buy 4 cartridges to replace all the ink in our printer would cost more than buying a new printer! Not great for the environment though.

I always heard that laser printers cost more to buy but are cheaper to run. And the page won’t run if water spills on it. I don’t have the money to buy one though. My dad used to refill his ink jet printers and never had a problem until recently the companies started protecting themselves from unauthorized refilling. So, I bought an ink jet HP a month ago and had my dad refill the black ink when it ran out. If the printer is not connected to the PC it photocopies just fine (which means print heads are OK), but once connected it refuses to print… My conclusion - it is probably protected. Shame as my dad got me 3colors plus black bottles of ink to go with. :huh:

Tip from my computer repairman: Press down the RESET button for up to 15 seconds… presto my computer comes to life again! Try this trick. lol

still using my nephew’s three in one inkjet hp which has one black and one color cartridges . ink very expensive , specially when one color runs out and you have to change the color cartridge even if it is not empty .
i homeschool the montessori way and print a lot , i mean a lot , i have been looking for the PERFECT PRINTER for over a year . with all the print work you do i hope somebody would recommend something .
looking forward to your replies .
my nephew is asking for his printer back so i realllly really really need to buy one quickly
viv

I got the Samsung Color Xpression - much much much cheaper.

You replace each color separately which is helpful.

To make it cheaper still I bought a chip that you solder to the mother board of the printer so that you can refill the toner cartridges instead of replacing them I then buy my toner from ebay at approx $20 (sometimes cheaper) per colour refill as opposed to $80 for a new cartridge.

When I replace the ink I literally get hundreds and hundreds of pages before needing to refill.

I use this for my business and it has been a life saver.

I have the Kodak printer and we save a bunch on ink. Its an inkjet printer and the pictures generally look really good ( as long as it doesn’t run out of ink! LOL).
For both color and black it costs a little under $20.00