Infrared light for tummy time?

I dont know where else to post this. My baby is due in February and it will be very cold. Our floors, although carpeted, are also very cold in winter. Has anyone used infrared lights, as suggested by Glenn Doman, for when the baby is on the floor?

Never heard of it. Does Doman recommend it in his books?

Yes, he mentions it in the Physically Superb book where he talks about what the baby should be wearing on the floor, and what the floor conditions should be like.

I know this is an old post, but I am wondering the same thing. Plarka1 - did you end up using Infrared bulbs? If so, what type of bulb? In what type of light fixture? How well did it work?

I would think a small space heater would work the same and me easier to come by. The ones they make now days don’t even burn you if you touch them (well, in the US anyway. Some of the space heaters we used in Spain got pretty hot). But if Baby isn’t crawling and grabbing at things yet, that’s not much of an issue anyway.

Douglas Doman spoke about the heated floors for this climate. Then you just have to rebuild your house :smiley:

My child was also born in February and the winter was very cold. Minus 20 C and lower, for the long time. The floor was cold despite of heating. Every time I put my child on floor (on four layers of carpet) he got cough. So he lived in a bed. If the bed is not very soft he can do the tummy actions rather successfully. Maybe you can put some board in bed; in the first months, your child will not move anyway.

I warmed the track in front of a fire or with hot water bottles, and I left my baby in more clothes than Doman recommends. He was always wearing long sleeves and pants, but I did leave his hands and feet uncovered. It appeared to be good enough :slight_smile: