increasing concentration power

hello ,everyone my child is 2.6 years old he goes to a play school in india. he is very sharp both mentally n physicaly .my problem is that his lack of concentration . . he cannt sit at one place for long. cannot play a single game for long he gets bored by doing athing. so how can i increase his concentration

my nephew is like that. i read a book few days ago that pointed out that children who move quickly from one activity to another are fast learners and are bored already. Or i think, it could be that they did not find the first activity interesting enough to begin with. maybe try things that are of interest to him…like cars. My nephew loves our laptops so one time i played an ABC game with him. he wanted to play it again and again. he was learning and sitting still lol

hi , let ur child to explore different fields of interest, find the activity he is interested in.

chk the topic all parents must know, to assess hyper active or not.

A lot of kids are hyper and have short attention spans at that age. You really can’t expect a two year old to sit still for long. Like others have said, try to let him do the activities that he is really interested in. Don’t worry too much about him moving so rapidly from one activity to the next. He is probably intrigued and trying to figure out everything he can about everything around him. It’s a good thing! He’s learning about his world at his own pace.

I agree with nhockaday. Try dfferent things. My grandson 2 yrs 7 months spends most of the time playing with animals and even when coloring he prefers animals. When playing with cars or blocks he changes to something else very fast.

Ariel do you remember the link to the ABC game?

I have an older child (age 6) with the same problem. My son has trouble sitting still and focusing, plus he has a learning disability. In your case, it is probably developmentally normal given his young age. Anyway I have discovered that my son concentrates better if I let him run around, so I incorporate movement into our lessons. Maybe it would work for your son too. For example, put 3 flashcards on the ground and have him jump on the correct answer. Write numbers or letters on bean bags then throw them to him - he can catch and name the letter, number, or letter sound, etc. If you use Little Reader, you could let him run a few laps around the room in between playlists. He can sing or recite ABCs, or other facts while running or skipping etc. You could let him sit on an exercise ball and wiggle around while working on the computer or watching educational DVDs. Just try to add some movement to your lessons, and see if his concentration increases.

Good Luck, Lori

I had not saved the link, but luckily I found it again on google. http://www.playkidsgames.com/alphabetGames.htm It has a few games. I liked the Alphabet book game as it was slow for 3 year old and teaches lower case letters.

I hope it helps.