In which language would you like to see the curriculum translated first?

Since there is so much to do and so little time :wink: lol I would like to know what are the most popular languages so we may give a hand to our Brillkids creators on where they could start when it comes to translating the curriculum.

As some of you may already know this is one of the subjects I love and interestes me the most, languages! (Even though I only know Spanish and keep learning English, I wish I knew many more languages!) :slight_smile:

My guess is that they will start with Chinese first! :rolleyes:

Ok, I’ll re-frase it. In which language WOULD YOU LIKE to see the curriculum first?

Joha,

I understood your question, but I said they would prefer to start in Chinese as that is the official language in Hong Kong and they will have more local resources to do the translation… :slight_smile:

In any case, I haven’t decided yet about my preference…There would be one of those popular languages, but before that I would start with Hindi and Tamil, prevalent languages in India. :slight_smile:

I might be interested in French or German, not sure. I will have to see what languages are being taught in schools here in India.

Questers.

i want to teach my son french. i am desperately waiting

i would like to see the curriculum translated first in French …i want to teach him French…may be later Spanish.

I would like German, Hindi, French… in that order…

I would like Spanish and/or French.

I would prefer Chinese, but maybe that’s because I have a Chinese last name. :slight_smile:

I would like Spanish and Chinese.

I would like it to be in Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish, French and German. Is that too many?

Polish of course :wink:

French! French! French!!! Oh please do French asap. It’s the hardest of the romantic languages and once children know French it’s much easier to learn the others.

We can’t wait for French. We’re so excited for it!

My preference: Hindi , Spanish and French in that order , I would say Marathi but I do think that will find many takers. It is a regional language in India.

Arabic I’l say as if you learn the Arabic letters when babies are learning sounds, it becomes easy to learn any other language, including french and its pronunciations! Plus its got different characters in the alphabet which gets transformed into a different pattern for different words and the vowels in it is a bit complicated too, something similar to chinese but the sounds are richer…
Its sooooooooo hard teaching kids Arabic cos it is usually presented in a very dull way too~!

My vote is for French as it is one of our two national languages here in Canada. Merci!

I definitely vote Chinese for multiple reasons, but simplified characters - as the majority of the world uses simplified (if you count the number of people in each country) … and surely HK will have to go with simplified to help with trade etc now that it is part of China!! :slight_smile:

I vote for chinese first as it is the world’s most spoken language and vote 2 goes to french because it is a diplomatic language and can be spoken in most countries.

Thanks, this is very useful!

I’m surprised that Spanish isn’t higher, and surprised that Russian is as high is it is.

I’ve been very suprised about the high numbers in French. I didn’t think that it was spoken by that many people.

I guess it all depends on where you live. For instance in my part of the world, it is English, Spanish, and Arabic.