Impressionism art app for free!

Just stunning!
Paintings classified by themes, no internet required to use the app.

i tried to copy/paste the link but to no avail…
Make sure to grab the complete version ( for free today), not the ‘lite’ one which as less paintings.

Impressionism HD
Evolution Games LLP
Category: Lifestyle
Updated: 26 Apr 2012

Holly Crap! That is awesome! I would have paid $10 to have that app, to get it for free is just incredible! Thank you! And Karma for taking the time to share it with us!

Thank you! I just downloaded it and am very happy!!! How wonderful to have this resource! Yay! Doing the happy dance!

You’re welcome!
Here’s a great website to check daily for free apps. Most of them are games but once or twice a week you find gems like educaional apps!
www.appshopper.com

Thank you for the tip! I often go to http://digitalkindergarten.blogspot.ca/ Her entire class has IPads, so she has a lot of posts on educational apps for little people. She also has a post on where to find free apps - a list of sites to visit.

I saw your post and went and found it but to be honest I don’t really know what to do with it.
Do most people flash the name of the painting first and then just the painting or flash the name and painting together?

I let my daughter chose a theme and then we talk about the paintings, she tells me what she sees, we imagine what the painter wanted to express… I always mention the name of the painter.

We use them by artist. I show a written word for the artist name, then say it. My kids repeat the names :slight_smile: Then we show through as many painting as they want to see. This way they can start to recognize an artists particular style. We often have a go at copying a painting ( using paint, chalk, oil pastes, pastels, coloured pencils) or print out a colouring in sheet for the art work we are focussing on. I mention the names of the art work but I actually think thats is less important than who painted it and their style. While we are focussing on reproducing art I discuss the strongest feature in the painting. It might be strong colours, line, texture or shapes, we talk about how it is shown in the picture. Then we try to include that in our own works. Often I paint with them, I find they learn ALOT more this way from watching me do it, and I am certainly no artist! Anyway my kids are older (4,6,8) so this works for us, but I would definately flash them by artist group if they were younger anyway. We can spot a Matisse a mile away :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing, I might just hold onto it for a while longer before I use it with my 14 month old.

Its really brilliant app you have shared. Thanks a lot.