i'm new here!

…Hello! i cant wait to get started but i just do not know where to start…
Has any non-US residents found the programme to work ok for english UK?
Just wondered there are slight differences in the language 8)

Hello and welcome mari_twins:)…I’m quite new on the forum as well…but very happy to have discovered it :)…you will meet wonderful parents on this forum and you’ll be amazed of how much they’re doing with their children (I sure was)…

I do know that there are slight spelling differences (American English versus British one)…but I still decided to purchase both programmes. My little one (she’s 3 months old) is amazed everytime I play…so that’s great. We’ll see how she’ll do in a couple of weeks…as I’ve been reading a few of the parents’ posts mentioning that their LOs stopped paying attention at some point and they had to be creative in order to keep them entertained while they would still focus.

Regarding getting started…I was quite overwhelmed as well, until I ‘got the hang of things’…in order to actually grasp the concept of a baby reading I had to read Doman’s books (still have a few from his series) and actually convince myself that it is doable… I’ve then bought a few (my husband complains that they’re many) books …downloaded the LM and LR trial…decided on the languages I would add on the way…and that’s about it. I’m still working and compiling language resources as I don’t think I have enough …but I do have a bit of time because I’m plannning to start my LO at 6 months.The practical part gets really busy…but I really enjoy reading to her…playing LR and LM…and exposing her to all sort of things that seem to literary amaze her…

Good look with your babies…I’m sure you’ll do great…