I'm excited

Hello everyone

I am so excited I just found this site and I cannot wait to start teaching my child some words. Although, I have a question, how many words should I start with?

Hello and welcome. Doman recommends you start with 5 words shown three times a day and work up to 5 sets of 5 3 times a day.

Welcome babykaira!

We are glad you are here. When I first came to this forum, the following discussion helped me a lot.

http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/gentle-revolution-and-glenn-doman’s-method/

Enjoy teaching your little one. We look forward to hearing from you. The folks here have been very nice to answer many of my questions. :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15

Hi, I too was so excited to find this site. I love being able to read about others who are teaching their babies.

As Linzy says Doman recommends you start with 5, however don’t get caught up in an exact number like I did in the begining. I was so stressed to get in the recommended number that we weren’t having fun. I found that sometimes my boy can only sit through a few cards at a time. Try to always stop before your baby wants to stop that way he/she will want it more the next time.

The key to success is to make sure you and you baby are always having fun!

Welcome!

Welcome!! And I’m so glad that you’re excited.

Knowing the information that you now know is one of the best gifts you can give your child. Even if you don’t do a full program, the knowledge that children can learn will change the way you parent.

Good luck!!