Im a new DaD!!

Hi there

Im a new dad, my baby is just 1 week old.

How can i start infant teaching at this point of time?

I downloaded Infant simulation cards.

Thanks

I am so excited for you, how wonderful!!! Congrats on your new baby and welcome to the forum. It’s an amazing feeling to become a parent isn’t it??? The best place to start is to read the free e-books found on the home page on math and reading. Also, on the yellow BrillBaby tab in the upper right hand side of the screen there is tons of great info if you have not browsed it already. There are also some book recommendations as well. Don’t get overwhelmed with all the information, just take it easy and you will be able to craft a great early learning program for your child!~

Also, go ahead and download the free trials of Little Reader and Little Math. I believe the recommendations is that you can to begin using them at about 3 or 4 months old, but go ahead and become familiar with them, and even better, you can begin to build customized files with individual family pictures so they will be ready to go when your baby is a bit older. The infant stimulation cards are an excellent place to start to help develop baby’s vision.

This is totally optional, but something I wish I had done early on is find a bilingual babysitter. We are only recently beginning to have some success in this area. Unless you have local family that is an easy option to watch the baby, if you are seeking a sitter anyway look for a bilingual one (it may be a while before you need one, but eventually you will). It is best to expose an infant to a foreign language in the first 8 months of life for optimum language learning. Of course they can learn after that as well, but earlier is always better.

Read up a bit and come back and let us know what kind of questions you have. Congrats again to you and your family, and welcome to the world precious little one!

Welcome to this forum and congratulations for your baby.

You will learn about many products as your baby grows. I got for my older grandson when he was 18 month (now 4 yrs old) Wee Sing around the world, Beethoven Wig and trebellina. Maybe you can start to know them.

My grandaughter has been listening music in different languages, specially the ones we plan to teach her: french, english and our native spanish. Recently my daughter is personalizing LR and will start twice a day now that my grandaughter is 4.5 month old.

At this age talk a lot to your baby and sing o him.